Plenty of people who want to quit smoking are using vaping as a crucial step that allows them to slowly subdue their cravings. But in order to do that, they need to vape with products that help them gradually lower the nicotine levels they consume. So let’s find out whether every e-liquid has nicotine and which vape juices will be the best choice for you!
Table of Contents:
- What is inside of e-liquid?
- Does e-liquid contain Nicotine?
- Freebase nicotine
- Nic Salts
- What is the best Nicotine strength for you?
- Does all e-liquid have Nicotine?
What is inside of e-liquid?
Nicotine is a really popular ingredient both in traditional cigarettes as well as in vape juices. People like to use it as it can have calming or mood-elevating influence. However, it is highly addictive, and many ex-smokers turn to vape as a step to curb their addiction to this substance. Nicotine can but doesn’t have to be an ingredient inside vape juices. So what are the other elements we will find there? Most e-liquids have a very similar ingredient list, and you will see their water, propylene glycol (PG), vegetable glycol (VG), sweeteners as well as natural and/or artificial flavorings.
Does e-liquid contain nicotine?
In stores, we can find thousands of different e-liquids, so it is not a surprise that their nicotine level may vary a lot. What options are available? Well, we can find products that range from 0 mg to over 50 mg of nicotine. But first, we should remember that there are two distinctive types of e-liquids. One group is known as freebase nicotine (or regular nicotine), and the other products are called Nicotine Salts or Salt Nics. What are the differences between those two?
Regular e-liquids are available in low to medium concentrations and provide much slower absorption of nicotine to the body. If they are consumed at higher levels, they tend to have a harsh throat feel, which means they are popular mostly at lower strengths. But at the same time, freebase e-juices produce larger clouds and have more complex flavors. That makes them a good choice for most vaping styles.
Nicotine in Salt Nics has much quicker absorption than in regular e-juices. The speed rate is very similar to one in traditional cigarettes and ranges around 6 or 7 seconds. That is why these products are often well-liked by ex-smokers who crave their nicotine hit. Among Nic Salts ingredients, you will find benzoic acid, which reduces the pH of the blend and provides a much smoother and milder throat hit. At the same time, Salt Nics produce less vapor, and their flavor tends to be not that complex in comparison to freebase e-juices. That is why they are recommended for ex-smokers and MTL vapers.
Check our bestsellers!
Shop by Brand
Passion Fruit, Orange & Guava
Lost Mary Disposable Vapes
Sub Ohm Vape
Juice Man – Unicorn Frappe 100mL
Blue Raspberry, Mango, Cotton Candy
Sub Ohm Vape
Heisenberg – The Berg Menthol 75mL
Blue Slushie with Menthol
What is the best nicotine strength for you?
Because there are so many different nicotine concentrations in vape juices, choosing the right product may seem a little bit confusing at first. When you try to define what strength nicotine e-liquid is already used to is best for you, you should think about how much you smoked before and what nicotine level your body is already used to. Let’s learn which users can benefit the most from particular nicotine concentrations.
- 0 mg products will be an excellent choice for vapers who don’t require nicotine in their blends and simply enjoy the taste of their favorite e-juices. They can also be satisfying for vapers who have already worked their way down from higher e-liquid nicotine strengths but still like the experience of vaping.
- E-liquids with 3 and 6 milligrams of nicotine are among the weakest levels and are suggested for vapers who downgraded from higher strengths but still need a little bit of this substance to satisfy their cravings. It also could be a good choice for people who used to smoke just a couple of cigarettes a day.
- Vape juices with 12 or 18 milligrams of nicotine can be recommended to ex-smokers, who used to finish one pack a day or even a little bit more.
- As you can guess, products with 24 or 36 milligrams of nicotine are advised only to very heavy smokers who used to go through two packs of cigarettes a day. If you’re at this level, try to work your way down as soon as you can.
It is worth noting that you have to try and find the perfect vape juice nicotine concentration yourself. However, if you plan to switch from one strength to another, try to move up or down only one level.
Does all e-liquid have nicotine?
It is clear to see that if you want to use e-liquid nicotine, you have plenty of options. But what about those people who want to vape just for vaping, without the need for nicotine. The good news is, there are plenty of e-liquids that do not have the addition of that substance! If you’re interested in those products, pick blends with 0 mg.