So you’ve finally bought your first vaping device and are ready to embark on a tasty journey? Great! Don’t worry – we’ll help you while you’re using your vape pen for the first time so you can be sure exactly what you should be doing.
Table of contents
- Basics of vape pens
- Charge the battery
- Choose vape juice
- How to use a vape pen for the first time?
- How to inhale a vape?
Basics of vape pens
How to use a vape pen for the first time? If you want to start using your vape pen, you probably should learn how it is built and how it works. Of course, in the vape shops, you will discover various models, but at their core, all of them have similar parts. So what will you find in your vape pen?
- Main body – What you can see at first glance is a frame that holds all the necessary parts of the device and connects them together. In stores, you will find multiple designs and sizes of vaporizers, which will also have an influence on the power and performance of the device.
- Battery – As you may suspect, it powers the whole device and allows the atomizer to heat the e-juice and let it vaporize. Some vape pens will have built-in and rechargeable batteries, and others may contain replaceable versions.
- Tank – Tank is the place where e-liquid is stored before it turns into vapor.
- Atomizer – It’s a place that contains coils and wick, which are essential for turning e-juice into vapor.
- Coils – Coils are made from resistance wire, and when they get heated, they convert e-liquid into vapor. They are available in various levels of resistance, which influences the speed of creating the clouds.
- Wick – Usually, it’s made of cotton, which absorbs the e-juice quickly and evenly and helps to deliver it to the coils.
- Mouthpiece – It’s the tip of the device that allows you to inhale the vapor easier.
Charge the battery
Before you start vaping for real, it’s always a good idea to make sure your device is fully charged. You don’t want it to die after taking a few puffs after all, right? Most devices use USB-C charging ports, which allow you to refill your battery very quickly.
Check our bestsellers!
Shop by Brand
Peach & Ice
Shop by Brand
Strawberry, Banana & Ice
Bakery Vape Juice
Aloe Vera, Mango & Ice
Bakery Vape Juice
Choose vape juice
Of course, a device is one thing, but you also need something to vape, right? So be sure to grab some e-juice suited to your tastes if you want to truly enjoy the vaping experience. E-liquids usually consist of a combination of water, propylene glycol, vegetable glycerine, sweeteners, and various food-grade flavoring. Of course, they can also include nicotine, but you may choose nicotine-free options as well. In the stores, you will find such delicious flavor profiles as Drinks & Beverages, Desserts & Sweets, Fruits, or Sour & Tarts. You can also reach for more traditional blends like Tobacco or Menthol if that’s your thing. It is worth mentioning that more experienced vapers often create their own e-juices. Be sure to remember about the proper storage of your collection! The best place will be somewhere where it is dark and cool.
How to use a vape pen for the first time?
How to use a vape pen? If both the device and e-liquid are ready, you can move on to the fun part – vaping! Of course, you should take your e-juice and fill the tank with it. Some devices have a top filling system, and others side one. Be careful not to add e-juice to the chimney (the small tube in the middle of the atomizer) as it may lead to leakage. And if you do, wipe it off with a paper towel. When the tank is full, you’re ready to vape. Note that your device may be activated via inhaling or buttons. In the first case, just take a puff, and it will automatically turn on. And if it has a switch, press it when you want to inhale the vapor.
How to inhale a vape?
When your device is ready, you can go and try vaping! But remember that there are two distinct ways you can go about it – mouth-to-lung and direct-to-lung. The first type will work well with vape pens that have high resistance coils and use high nicotine levels. DTL, on the other hand, is more suited for reduced nicotine concentrations and coils with lower resistance. Try both and see which method suits you the most.